Open Data usage policy on the Ministry's Website
In line with the open government concepts and digital data era, the Ministry of Culture and Youth allows access to data that can be used and utilized by its customers including partners, writers and creators, researchers, media and the public. The Ministry strives to develop its website, to make it the primary reference for its users, and for all those who wish to get more details about its services. The Ministry seeks to develop and update the website continuously and promptly, to enable users to obtain all the data and information they need about its services, projects, activities and initiatives in a transparent and flexible manner. In addition, the Ministry of Culture and Youth invites its users to contribute to the development of services, projects, activities and initiatives through the submission of views and suggestions that support offering the best services to them. In the light of the technological revolution of the world today, open data has become one of the tools used by organizations to create new services and applications that save time and effort to customers and stimulate innovation. Through this Open Data usage policy, Ministry of Culture and Youth aims at clarifying the open data management policies on the website according to the rules contained in each of the following:
- Disclaimer document on the website.
- Terms and conditions on the website.
Scope of Application
The scope of this document is limited to the Ministry's website. As the Open Data usage policy is open for continuous development, its scope may be extended in accordance with the UAE E-Government’s general policy and related instructions.
Terms and Conditions of Reusing Open Data
- Open Data can be used, reused and republished by any individual, legal or governmental entity.
- When using Open Data, reference shall be made to its source, which is (Ministry of Culture and Youth) in order to preserve its ownership and credibility of the data and the authenticity of its source.
- The Open Data user should not misrepresent the data or its source or mislead others.
- Open Data should not be used for political purposes or to support an illegal activity or criminal act or be used in racist or discriminatory comments or for the purpose of incitement or negatively affect the culture, equality or any activity that conflicts with the UAE customs and traditions.
- The statistics published by the Ministry of Culture and Youth on its website shall not, in any way, be regarded as a reference. Such data is limited to the Ministry of Culture and Youth's terms of reference and operations.
- The Ministry shall not be liable, under any circumstances, for any direct or indirect damages, which may arise from the use or inability to use such open data.
- The user of open data on the Ministry's website shall acknowledge the use of open data upon his own risk, and the Ministry of Culture and Youth shall bear no responsibility whatsoever to update all open data in the future, especially when it is based on current assumptions and predictions that may lead to certain risks and raise doubts about results that show mismatch between the actual reality and expected future and its estimates.
- The Ministry is not legally liable for any damage occurs to the user or any other person as a result of breaching confidentiality regarding data that the user has transferred from the open data section and may not compensate them.
- Electronic copies of the Ministry's documents published on this website are for informational purposes only. The final version of any of the Ministry's documents is the printed and signed original version, which is kept by the Ministry of Culture and Youth. If the document has been signed by the authorized person, the final version shall be the original printed and signed version issued by the Ministry. In the event of any discrepancy between the documents, the copy retained by Ministry of Culture and Youth prevails.
The Ministry of Culture and Youth publishes the data on its website and does not undertake clearance thereof from any observations. As such, data is published as received from the government authorities or as resulted from its service provision. The Ministry does not guarantee the continuity of providing such data or any part thereof, nor assumes any liability towards data users and the damages or loss, which they may suffer due to its reuse.
Data User Responsibility
The data user is responsible for the reuse of the data on the Ministry of Culture and Youth's website . No errors related to the content, source, and date of the data shall be resulted from the reuse of such data.
The guides contained in this section of the Ministry of Culture and Youth's website represent the minimum afforded by government entities wishing to pursue the open data policy with their users. The commitment to these guides reflects the seriousness of such entities in making this policy successful, increasing user confidence and continuously developing its services.