Follow Up of Media Material Content
Borrowing library items
Allowing library members to borrow items and benefit from available libraries materials.
Federal Youth Authority
Creative Centers Department
G2G & G2B & G2C
All Community members
Institutions: Government Entities / Private Institutions / NGOs
Submit Service Request
Payment for Service
Customer membership in libraries through the ID card (not allowed to borrow without the borrower's ID card at all)
Customer membership in libraries by displaying the identity card (borrowing is not permitted at all without the borrower's ID card itself)
Membership does not allow the loan of the following materials outside libraries:
• Multimedia (CDs, audiovisual materials).
• Reference books (knowledge circles, dictionaries, atlases, maps).
• Special book collections.
• Periodical publications (magazines, scientific, literary, and ancient journals).
• Rare books and references.
Borrowing requires a member to be on his own and no borrowing is ever permitted without a member
The number of items allowed to be loaned simultaneously is:
• Membership category for individuals (ages 12 and older): (4) subjects.
• Membership of the family category: (8) subjects.
• Membership of the children category (under 12 years): (4) subjects
• Membership of the Institutions Category: (10) courses.
Items are allowed to be borrowed for a period of 14 days, renewable for a further 7 days through the available channels.
Delaying the return of borrowed materials without renewing their borrowing after the loan period ends has a fine of 10 dirhams for each day of delay.
In the event of delay in returning the borrowed materials, the borrower is notified by telephone, or email, and if the materials are not returned within a month, legal measures will be taken to do so.
The borrower damages or loses one of the loaned items a fine estimated at twice the value of the loaned item according to the cost price.
Library members visit one of the ministry's libraries to borrow library materials
Libraries members should select the library materials to be borrowed
Libraries members should presenting ID card Borrowing library materials manually or through a self-loaning device
Al Dhafra Cultural Center
Fujairah Cultural Center
RAK Cultural Center
Director of Creative Centers Department
September 16, 2021